Trending Colors for Spring 2015
It’s Spring and what comes to mind? Perhaps Blue skies, flowers, longer days, and Springtime colors! We at Beksan Designs love the outdoors, bike riding, walking, seeing the blue ocean from LA to San Francisco, and discovering new Spring fashion color ideas! Both London and New York just had their fashion week and shared the new fashion, color trends including THE colors for Spring 2015! March 20th is right around the corner, so it’s time to start incorporating these new colors into your wardrobe! Color is key in transitioning from winter to spring. It appears this season’s colors evoke a desire for a softer, slower paced life style. We are seeing neutral tones as well as soft pastels in the new handbags, jewelry and dresses on the runways. At Beksan, we’ve noticed that our sales of Aquamarine, Fluorite, Lapis, and Rose quartz gemstones are high, another sign of Spring! Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, describing Spring 2015 color selection said: “Color choices follow the same minimalistic, ‘en plein air’ theme, taking a cue from nature rather than being reinvented or mechanically manipulated. Soft, cool hues blend with subtle warm tones to create a soothing escape from the everyday hustle and bustle.” Pantone’s forecast for the top 10 fashion colors for spring 2015 is:
- Marsala – The Pantone color of the year and the foundation of the Spring/Summer 2015 palette. Marsala is close to oxblood. It blends the warmth and sophistication of oxblood with an earthy sensuality. It will continue into the Fall as a top fashion color. It is the ideal seasonal transition color. Marsala pairs well with many pastels including Aquamarine
- Aquamarine – A watery blue that is cool and calming.
- Scuba Blue – A cool shade with an underlining hint of vibrancy and excitement.
- Lucite Green – A refreshing minty green. It pairs well with Scuba Blue.
- Classic Blue – A neutral that suggests the same reliability and confidence of traditional banker’s blue but with an edginess. It pairs well with Marsala.
- Toasted Almond – A warm neutral beige that evokes nostalgia for lazy summer days.
- Strawberry Ice – The new pink. It is more sherbet than fresh fruit. It pairs well with Toasted Almond and Tangerine.
- Tangerine – A fun soft orange. It pairs well with Toasted Almond
- Custard – A soft yellow that is warm rather than bright. It is the ideal substitute for the standard white or beige shirt or blouse. It pairs well with Classic Blue
- Glacier Gray – A timeless versatile spring/summer neutral. Wear it to look cool and professional in 90 degree plus temperatures instead of black.”