Choosing YOUR Best Colors!
We were talking and both of us wondered….why do the way some people look catch our eye more than others? Could it be the colors they are wearing, the style of their clothes, or their accessories? Each of us has a unique group of colors that makes us look our best. We’ve put together some color selection tips so YOU can look your best this Spring:
- Determine your skin's undertone. There are two undertones: Warm and Cool. Warm skin has a yellow or orange tint, while cool skin has a blue or pale pink one. You will want to stick mostly to colors that match your undertone.
- Learn which colors are warm or cool:
- Warm: reds, peach, coral, orange, amber, gold and yellow
- Cool: true greens, blues, purples, and pink
- Certain colors, such as burgundy, have properties of both warm and cool tones. You can experiment with these shades individually to see if they work for you.
- Jewelry test: Under natural light, wear a silver bracelet on one wrist and a gold one on the other. Look at each hand and figure out which enhances your complexion better. If it's gold, your undertones are warm. If silver looks better, your undertones are cool.
- Take note of what colors you're wearing when people compliment you. Or is it a jewelry piece or scarf? This gives you an idea of which colors and accessories look good on you.
When picking jewelry, keep your skin tone in mind. If you have a cool undertone, sapphires, blue aventurine, jade, and amethyst gemstones look best. For a warm undertone, consider rubies, red agate, citrine, or green aventurine. Our Antika collection has a wide variety of semi-precious stone jewelry to choose from.
Silver or Gold? Which metal is your go to? Silver and platinum are usually cool- toned metals, while gold and bronze are warm-toned. Wear tops and scarves that complement each other. Select tops and scarves in warm or cool colors that enhance your skin tone and bring out the color in your eyes!
Now take a few minutes to identify your skin tone. Then check out the wide array of jewelry & accessory colors we offer at www.beksandesigns.com and select gemstones, metals, or scarf colors that would look best on YOU! You can also stop by one of our events this month near you and try them on, seeing is
Adapted from: http://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Your- Best-Clothing- Colors