Shades of Blue and Gemstones--Spring 2015
Jewelry colors change with the season and it’s time to update your Spring look with gemstones that reflect the top Spring 2015 colors highlighted by Pantone. Recently we noticed that shades of blue are appearing in fashion magazines, ads and in many fashion world photos! The featured blue tones currently are: Aquamarine, Scuba Blue, Classic Blue and Dusk Blue. We are seeing these beautiful tones in handbags, jewelry and dresses. Did you also know that these gemstones have special meanings that translate into benefits for those who wear them? All the more reason to add a pair of Antika or Brass earrings, necklace, bracelet, or ring in a beautiful shade of blue to your wardrobe. Learn more about some of the gemstones. Enjoy the read!
- Aquamarine gemstones are coveted by women all over the world because of the stones beautiful blue color. An airy blue with a dreamy feel! It is cool and calming, this color and stone act as stress reducers.
- Fluorite: This mineral is known for its wide range of colors – from blue, purple, green yellow and its’ glassy luster. Fluorite is known to be the most powerful healing stone, especially for strengthening bone tissue. It is also known for bringing peace and calm to a troubled mind.
- Lapis: This gemstone is named after “lapis”, the Latin word for stone and the Arabic word for blue. In ancient times, Egyptian and Persian royalty wore lapis as an amulet to deter danger.
- Turquoise: Turquoise is one of the oldest protection gemstones, and has long been known as a symbol of wealth in many ancient cultures.
- Blue is complementary to many different complexions and outfits.
- Blue scarves can provide a color spark to the very popular white shirt.
- Aquamarine, Fluorite, Lapis and Turquoise are extremely popular color earrings in jewelry stores today, per the Store Manager at Gallery of Jewels on 24th Street, San Francisco!