Wearing Blue is Stylish & Calming
It is Spring and what comes to mind? For us it is blue skies, nature, and longer days! We also love taking our dogs to the ocean! Recently we noticed that different shades of blue are appearing in fashion magazines, ads, and in many photos!
The featured blue tones this season are: Aquamarine, Scuba Blue, Classic Blue and Dusk Blue with handbags, jewelry and dresses seen in these colors. We at Beksan have noticed that our sales of Aquamarine, Green/Blue Aventurine, Lapis and Turquoise gemstones are stronger too. See the Pantone color, and read the beautiful quote from Leatrice Eiseman, Pantone Executive Director at: https://www.pantone.com/color-intelligence/color-of-the-year/color-of-the-year-2020.
Here are some interesting insights about these blue tone gemstones:
- Aquamarine gemstones are coveted by women all over the world because of the stone’s iridescent blue color. An airy blue with a dreamy feel! The color and stone are cool and calming so aquamarine acts as a stress reducer.
- Green Aventurine: This mineral is known for its wide range of colors – from blue, green yellow and its’ luster. Green Aventurine is known as the “Stone of Opportunity” thought to be the luckiest of all crystals especially in manifesting prosperity and wealth!
- Lapis: This gemstone is named after “lapis”, the Latin word for stone and the Arabic word for blue. In ancient times, Egyptian and Persian royalty wore lapis as an amulet to deter danger.
- Turquoise: Turquoise is one of the oldest protective gemstones and has long been known as a symbol of wealth in many ancient cultures.
Why blue is so popular:
- Blue evokes feelings of calmness and spirituality as well as security and trust. Seeing blue causes the brain to create chemicals that are calming.
- Blue shades go with many different complexions. It is both a good base and complementary color to a variety of outfits.
- Blue scarves can provide a color spark to the popular white or neutral colored t-shirts.
Aquamarine, Green Aventurine, Lapis and Turquoise are so popular this Spring. What about an aquamarine gemstone gold & stone pair of earrings, a blue sapphire necklace or ring, or a lapis hook & eye bracelet?! Join us at our virtual events and see our current styles or visit www.beksandesigns.com to check out these beautiful blue gemstones!