Holiday break time is here, yeah! Sis and I talked about what we remember about holiday breaks and this time of year! We realized it was the games, movies and activities we have done with friends and family that are most memorable.
Our father loved to cook so we were fortunate to get some yummy food during the holidays! As children, we also loved decorating our Christmas tree and both of us LOVED seeing the lights of the decorated houses and trees in our neighborhood! We thought it would be fun to share some fun activities that we could all do to create memories during the holiday break across our Beksan Community!
Here are some ideas to enjoy the season with friends and family:
- Make popcorn and watch a movie
- Sign up for a walk or run for a cause, great way to spend time with family or friends and also catch up!!
- Write letters to soldiers and the elderly. This is a way to show our appreciation for those around us.
- Go to the library and take out books, rent books on tape and movies.
- Take a trip to a museum.
- Have breakfast food for dinner.
- Hold cooking classes in your own kitchen, invite friends to share recipes and you can try different foods from various cultures.
- Have a jewelry making party ~ rubber band bracelets for the youthful, beads and wire is all you need?? Or go jewelry shopping on line, how about at www.beksandesigns.com!!
- Share favorite birthday and vacation stories.
- Rent dance videos and hold a dance contest.
- Create books using pictures from magazines.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Make smoothies.
- Hold a family game night ~ how about Apples to Apples, Yahtzee, Dominos, Charades, Scrabble etc….
- Ride bikes, go rollerblading, go for a walk, and ice skating is always fun
- Attend free festivals, concerts etc…
- Decorate thank-you notes, write messages inside, put stamps on envelopes they will be ready to go as needed
- Organize dresser drawers, bedroom, closets etc...
- Share daydreams.
- Wash the family cars together.
- Do jigsaw puzzles.
- Play a family memory game. ie What are the names of your great-grandparents?
- Make a collage of what you are thankful for.
- Read to each other from joke books.
- Go bowling, indoor miniature golf, rock climbing, the movies (loved Frozen recently), or any other indoor activity you enjoy
(adapted from http://theboldlife.com/2008/12/101-things-to-do-with-children-on-holiday-break/)
We look forward to spending time with family and friends this holiday season! This winter semi-precious stones are just the answer for a new jewelry piece for you or a friend! Check out our beautiful Antika 24k Gold vermeil single and double stone earrings. Please visit our online store www.beksandesigns.com
and “like” us on Facebook if you haven’t already done so!