Stress Relief Tips
If you are like us, we are all starting to feel the end of the year crunch, and asking ourselves where did the year go? We are so amazed at how fast time is going by and how hard it is to keep up! This time of year we have to balance work, family and the added layer of preparing for the holiday season. We at Beksan Imports are no different from you in trying to keep all our balls in the air, but we need ways to relax so we can appreciate the moment. That's why we wanted to share some of things we do to relieve stress when we're feeling overwhelmed, hope they help:
- Breathing - For an easy activity, breathe in and out slowly and deeply, concentrating on your lungs as they expand fully in your chest. Deep breathing helps center your body, and clears your mind. After I take a few deep breaths, I am able to tackle the next task.
- Listen to music -Playing calm music can have a positive effect on the brain and body and can lower blood pressure. Having some soft music in the background while I'm working also helps.
- Appreciate beautiful things- At Beksan Imports, we're lucky being around beautiful jewelry, scarves, and other accessories. Whether it's a silver necklace, the Antika earrings we design, or the sparkling Turkish sapphires, we feel more relaxed surrounded by these treasures. We also love looking at the beautiful photos of our travels to Turkey.
- Stay warm - As fall transitions to winter, put on a soft sweater, wrap a soft silk scarf around your neck, or maybe a pashmina made from delicate cashmere and silk. Staying warm and cozy helps me stay calm as does having some delicious apple or black Turkish tea.
- Take a break and have fun- We all need to make a little time for ourselves instead of always doing for others. Plan a fun activity with friends, go to a movie, or perhaps attend a Beksan Trunk Show Party!
- Shop Online- That's what I do now all the time, saves me time, money, and gas! Do some one-stop shopping at Beksan Imports' online store and watch the stress melt away as you move down your holiday gift list.