An inspiring book we have been reading is “Everything is Figureoutable” by Marie Forleo. A dynamic speaker, coach, author and person. I saw her speaking in SF in October and I was amazed at her energy and life force. She puts it simply, “You’ve got this one precious life — but are you spending it on what matters most?”
Marie explains that at the end of each year she asks herself 3 simple questions …..however, this is also the end of a decade, so this year it may be wise to think about the last year and decade and how you want your life to be in the next decade.
“Key Question 1: What You’re Proud Of
- Over the past year, what have you done that you’re proud of?
- What are the obstacles you’ve overcome?
- What are some of the results you’ve created in your career or life?
Pull out your calendar, journal, planner, emails, or photos to jog your memory. This may take a little time, but it is important to celebrate your accomplishments.
What Was Most Important & Why
Once you’re done, go back over that list and answer these questions:
- Out of everything you listed, what’s most important? Circle whatever jumps out to you.
- Why is that most important?
When you know the things that have made the biggest difference in the quality of your life, you’ll be able to make wiser decisions as you plan ahead.
Section 2: Your Learnings
- What have you learned over these past ten years?
- What wisdom has become crystal clear to you?
- What mistakes did you make and what did you learn from them?
Think through your career, family, relationships, time, health, finances, and creativity and write them all down — big and small.
What Was Most Important and Why
Look at the list you just created and ask these questions:
- What lessons were the biggest game-changers?
- Why do these matter to you?
- What do you really want to remember as you move into this new decade?”
As 2019 draws to a close, we’re sharing these with you to stimulate your inner soul to create the goals and life you most desire. This has been a tough year for us personally, we have experienced loss, health issues, and day to day ups and downs. However, we’ve also been blessed with incredible family, friend, and Beksan community support. We are so grateful for our community and hope you enjoy our jewelry and accessories for many years to come! Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season and an incredible 2020! With appreciation Meyla and Nevra!
Adapted from: https://www.marieforleo.com/2019/12/decade-in-review-10-year-plan/?uid=9ef0bbcd288a801ab47191ae0423ab15