Tips for Traveling "Light"!
No matter where you travel by air, you will be facing longer security lines, so what is the trick to packing light and stylish? Packing a minimal amount of clothing and accessories for a 10-day trip is the key to success. On our last trip to Istanbul, we had to pack strategically to allow room for jewelry samples and plenty of Turkish goodies and gifts. We want to share some packing “light” tips that worked for us:
- Two pairs of pants/jeans; we prefer a darker base color as it shows less dirt and wrinkles, black and blue are our favorites. A pair of blue jeans and black pants can be used day or night. In summer, white is also a popular base color for pants but bring along some laundry detergent.
- Mix and match tops and cardigans; For a 10 day trip, we typically bring 5 casual tops and a couple of dressier ones. Whites, cream, burgundy, blues, and pinks work well with a darker base bottom. Coordinate with 1-2 cardigans or light jackets that work across colors.
- Add a skirt; midi-length is popular now and knee-length works everywhere. Try to coordinate so the tops you bring for pant bottoms also work with the skirt you’re bringing.
- One or two wrinkle free dresses; A versatile black, blue, or summer colored/print dress in a material that can be folded without wrinkling is perfect for warmer weather climates and for summer evenings
- Limit # of shoes; they add weight and take up space. We suggest 3 at most, wear one and bring 2. A workable combo is a pair of walking or athletic shoes, a pair of closed toe shoes or booties (depending on where you’re going) and a pair of sandals or flip-flops.
- A lightweight jacket or windbreaker and Merino clothing; Especially if you’re traveling to a place where it rains is windy or cooler in the evening. Merino wool is super lightweight, keeps you warm in cold weather, cool in warmer weather, and you can wear for days without dry cleaning.
- Accessorize with a scarf and jewelry; These are lightweight and an easy way to change up any outfit. A silk or cotton scarf is perfect for summer. Bring along a statement necklace, gemstone earrings, sterling silver necklace or pendant, a fun bracelet and your look will be complete!
Pack a daypack or bag inside your full-size suitcase: Great to have a second bag if needed and also a wonderful way to carry stuff around while touring a city or hiking in the countryside.
At Beksan Designs, we offer a variety of hand-crafted jewelry and accessories that are perfect for any season! Check out our website, come to one of our events or contact email@example.com to see our latest designs. Happy Travels!!